The benefits of a loft conversion
What are the benefits of a loft conversion?
Many people think of an loft space of an existing house as nothing more than a storage place. The rising housing costs in many cities, such as London, motivate certain individuals to consider loft conversions. Transforming an old attic into a loft is associated with several benefits.
- New homes are not as affordable as lofts. Renovating an old attic into a loft can be accomplished at only a fraction of the expenditure needed to purchase a new home, this is because the base structures are already in place and it is easier for a contractor to install plumbing and wiring into a new loft.
- Lofts are known for their energy efficiency. Heat rises from the bottom to the top of a house in a cooler climate. This provides a loft with free heating. Many people living in lofts do not use heating even in the winter when someone heats the premises below.
- A loft conversion can increase the price of a London home (by as much as 40%). The cost of London properties has risen substantially during the last few years, which prompted many people to look for new ideas for rebuilding and renovating existing home to allow for more tenants. A loft conversion in London is a great way to make the most out of this.
- An loft space can be converted into a room and rented out. A loft is often considered as an affordable traditional housing alternative. It can be an additional income source for homeowners.
- Costs for maintenance are usually low because a loft is a part of the existing home infrastructure. Regular home maintenance usually includes loft maintenance and doesn’t incur additional expenditure.
The popularity of lofts is on the rise in recent years as building space in large living areas becomes increasingly expensive. There are a number of installation options for loft conversions in London and they are designed to fit different budgets. Loft conversion is a challenging task for a DIY fan, so it is best to use professional services.